Sunday, January 7, 2007

Sunday, December 18, 2005 - boo hoo

After a discussion with Jackie Ro. yesterday about how it is impossible not to cry at the end of Home Alone (trigger for me, when he first sees his Mom), it made me think about more movies that by all accounts I should not sob like a 14 year old girl when I watch them, but always do. Withholding the obvious "I'm dying of a terminal illness at the end" movies, which are designed to make you cry, here are a few that turn me into a weepy mess.

- Jerry McGuire - all those men being so emotional gets to me

- The Princess Diaries - I just can't believe her transformation and then, she gets the good guy in the end!

- Chasing Amy - when he declares his love for her in the rainstorm and then when they dissolve so unhappily

- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - technically not a movie but every time the family sees its house for the first time I cry with them out of joy

- Spy Kids - when they are reunited with their parents

- Mayor of the Sunset Strip - poor, poor, Rodney Bingenheimer

- Center Stage - but, she's (sniff) she's such a good dancer

- Rollerblade (2004 version) - because it was so bad, and so unfaithful to the original

- 61* - Oh that Roger Maris...!

- Dancer in the Dark - what about this movie *didn't* make me cry?

I'm sure that's not all but off the top of my head, there's ten good reasons to call me a sap! What are the movies that make you cry against your better judgement?

No comments:

"who are you to judge the life i live? i know i'm not perfect - and i don't have to be, but before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." - bob marley

Blog Archive