Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - worth

i found out today my company bills out my time at over $200 per hour to clients...

WOWZA.

now, i indeed work my ass off on the job, and am at this very moment creeping up on hour 12 today. clients are billed incrementally in accordance to how much time exactly i spend on each one a day. although putting a price on my mental acuity seems a bit weird, it's not unjustified considering what i do.

but it got me thinking, i may be living up to this tremendous sum in the office, but am i really getting that much out of my personal hours?

did i get at least $200 value of partying in on each hour of saturday night? the last time i danced, was i dancing $200 of my heart out? hanging out last night, was my conversation worth $200, or was i slackin and too high and only mustered up $105? when i was picking out the players for my fantasy hockey team, did i put $200 of effort into my research?

i am going to make a concerted effort to live up to the potential they expect at work in my own day to day. $200 per hour worth of fun this weekend, here i come...

how wonderful would it be if my salary was $200 an hour? although that would probably require a radical career change and most likely, a pimp.

No comments:

"who are you to judge the life i live? i know i'm not perfect - and i don't have to be, but before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean." - bob marley

Blog Archive